Our work at a glance
• KACPAW is an animal welfare organization committed to the well-being of street dogs and puppies in Sri Lanka.
• By sterilization through spaying and neutering, we help to keep the unwanted dog population to a minimum.
• A 100 unsterilized dogs can give rise to about 3,000 dogs in an year. In 2015, we have sterilized 2,500 dogs and this means the prevention of the emergence of 75,000 dogs for 2015 alone!
• In over 16 years, KACPAW has sterilized and medically treated over 20,000 dogs, primarily in mobile field clinics.
• We rescue abandoned dogs, medically treat them for injuries, skin diseases,and venereal tumours, and other sicknesses and find homes for adoption.
• The dogs we give for adoption are sterilized, de-wormed, vaccinated against rabies and treated for any skin ailments if necessary, and are given away with a supply of vitamins and minerals with follow-up vaccinations against parvo and distemper.
• This life-saving work is carried out by a dedicated group of volunteers, with funds solely from donors like you.